Installing Apache, PHP 7.2, MySQL and PHPMyAdmin on Linux Mint 19.1

You may also like...

10 Responses

1. Rod Menzel says:

I have had major problems installing LAMP previously and completely wrecked the installation beyond recovery. Re-installed Linux Mint 19.1, then closely followed this tutorial. SUCCESS!! Thank you Jason. One minor detail, the line “apt-get install php7.0-mysql” should read “apt-get install php7.2-mysql” but this was easily corrected. Great stuff!!

• Jason says:

I think PHP was updated since the time I made this guide, which would explain that discrepancy. Thanks for the information though, and I’m glad the guide helped!

• Marjan says:

Same problems here. I just couldn’t get LAMP to work, re-installing Linux, trying again, tearing my hair out, bashing head against the wall etcetera. Thank you VERY MUCH Jason. You”re a life saver

2. i have problem, sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart, does’nt work on linux mint, do you have suggestion?

3. Aloke says:

You save me. I was struggling with but still some more links that can help others.
    Sudo apt-get install php7.0-mysql will fail
    Go to this website

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install -y php7.3

sudo apt-get install php7.3-msql

Credits to

4. Steve R. says:

Please update this tutorial. See the error message below.

—————————————————————–
    E: Unable to locate package php7.0-mysql
    E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘php7.0-mysql’
    E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.0-mysql’

5. Serge says:

Hi, Jason. Thx for you tuto.
    A small prob :

Now we’re ready to install the libraries to tie everything together, as well as PHPMyAdmin itself.

apt-get install libapache2-mod-log-sql-mysql
    apt-get install php7.0-mysql
    apt-get install phpmyadmin

Not php7.0, but php7.2

Regards

6. Walter says:

Thanks a lot for you explanations.
    I have found a problem after finished install phplyadmin. When i’m trying to laucnh it y http://localhost/phpmyadmin, i found a 404 eror. please can i have help ?

• Zauberlehrling ! says:

Me too. I tried the installation now a couple of times, from different sites, with always the same result. Either phpmyadmin is not found or error messages when trying to login.
      Could please someone help?
      Thank you.

7. Randy H says:

Howdy, getting The requested URL was not found on this server. hmm, it worked last time before coffee took out the hard drive, new hard drive, new linux mint 19.3 install, help